Genshin Impact utilizes Gacha mechanics, which induces players to spend in-game currency to receive a random in-game item. Players can earn in-game currency by completing missions, quests, or other tasks and purchase it in the game using real-world money.
Genshin Impact utilizes the ‘Gacha System’ through wishes. Under the shop section, players can make wishes and get random in-game items.
There are three types of wishes: Standard, Character, and Weapon. Standard wish, named Wanderlust Invocation, is a permanent banner, while Character and Weapon wish feature time-limited items. Players can unlock wishes by completing the Archon quest prologue Act 1.
Genshin Impact – Types Of Wishes
Character Event Wish
Character banners feature exclusive 1X 5-star and 3X 4-star characters and require Intertwined Fate to wish from it. Players can see the base probability of getting items in this banner under the details section.
Weapon Event Wish
Weapon banners feature exclusive 2X 5-star weapons and 5X 4-star weapons. Like Character banners, it also requires Intertwined Fate to wish from it.
Standard Event Wish
Standard event wish, named “Wanderlust Invocation” in the game, is available in the shop with no time limit. Players need Acquaint Fate to wish for this banner.
How to Get Acquaint Fate and Intertwined Fate?
There are several methods to obtain Fate tokens; we are mentioning some of them here.
- From Paimons shop: Players can buy 5 Acquaint Fates and Intertwined Fates from the store each month. The cost for both of them is 75 Masterless Stardust.
- Players can also use 160 primogems to buy Fate tokens.
- Battle pass grants some Acquaint Fates and Intertwined Fates after reaching certain levels.
- From Sacred Sakura: Upgrading the Sacred Sakura tree in Inazuma to certain levels rewards players with Acquaint Fate and Intertwined Fate.
- Similarly, upgrading the Frostbearing tree in Dragonspine, Mondstatdt to some levels also grants some Acquaint Fate and Intertwined Fate.
- Ascending Characters to levels one, three, and five grants some Acquaint fate.
- Completing Adventurer’s Handbook Missions also gives us some Fate tokens.
- Often, during limited-time events, there are some missions that, after completing or reaching certain levels, award players with Acquaint Fates and Intertwined Fates.
Genshin Impact Pity System
In Genshin impact, players can see the probability of getting items under the detail section under wishes, so players can make a plan to get their desired item from wishes. Players are guaranteed high-tier awards after completing a certain number of wishes.
For example, in every ten pulls for any banner: Standard, Character, or Weapon, players are guaranteed at least one 4-star item. This system of getting high-tier things after certain pulls are known as the Pity System by the Genshin Impact Gaming Community. We assume that after every wish we make, we stack one pity.
For Limited-Time Character banners and Standard banners, players can get a 5-star character in every 90 pulls. While for Weapon banners, players guarantee to have at least one 5-star item in every 80 draws.
For the limited-time Character and Weapon banner, if the 5-star item you receive is not the featured one, then the next 5-star you will receive is guaranteed to be the featured item.
Some people treat wishes as currencies. One can say they are a kind of premium Genshin currency!