If you’ve recently purchased the Oculus Rift S, a new addition to the popular Oculus VR headset, the best Oculus Rift S accessories are somethings that you would definitely like to explore.
Even though the Oculus Rift S is a PC-based VR headset and you have to connect it to your PC, getting the right Oculus Rift S accessories can enhance your VR gaming experience more than ever. Therefore, to help you pick the best Oculus Rift S accessories, we did some intensive market research and found 20 Oculus Rift S accessories that have taken the market by surprise. We tested every product and shortlisted the 7 most useful accessories for Oculus Rift S to help you make an informed purchase.
In this guide, we’ll discuss more about the Oculus Rift S and its accessories in detail. By the end of this guide, you’ll become an expert at selecting the best Oculus Rift S accessories. Read further to know more.
The 7 Trending Accessories For Oculus Rift S
We’re sure that you must have spent days or weeks before purchasing the Oculus Rift S. However, we don’t want you to go through the same hard work yet again, to purchase the Oculus Rift S accessories. Therefore, we’ve put together our experiences with each product in words to help you determine which Oculus Rift S accessories are right for you.
- KIWI Controller Adjustable Knuckle Straps For Oculus Quest Rift S VR Touch Controller Grip Accessories
- AMVR VR Stand And Headset Display For The Oculus Rift S
- Just Add Water Jaws Quick Spit Antifog Spray
- Hyperkin Backpack And VR Protector Bag For The Oculus Rift S
- Energizer AA Rechargeable Batteries With Charger
- MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Monoprice USB-A Extension Cable
1. KIWI Controller Adjustable Knuckle Straps For Oculus Quest Rift S VR Touch Controller Grip Accessories
- Simple and stylish design; great texture
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Since they run along the back of your hands, they do not soak up any sweat during intense gaming/workout sessions
- Made of high-quality rubber
- Easy to set up and use
- Provide better grip than many expensive knuckle straps on the market
- Help in relaxing your hands during strenuous gaming sessions
- Do not come with annoying cables
- Setting up the knuckle straps in one go can be a little cumbersome for users with big hands
- Completely tightening the straps limits the movement of the thumb
Providing users with a delightful VR experience is the key to engaging them and this is where knuckle straps come into the picture. They help a great deal in providing your arms with some rest when you are using the Oculus Rift S controllers for longer durations. Not only this but they also help in enhancing your VR experience, and adding extra protection and stability to your controllers.
The KIWI Controller Adjustable Knuckle Straps are currently one of the best knuckle straps for Oculus Rift S on the market. We tried at least 10-15 knuckle straps on the market and found these to be the most durable and useful.
Firstly, they are made of premium-quality rubber, which is long-lasting and sturdy. The grip is great and the controllers don’t slip when attached to the straps. The velcro tape is made of nylon and comes with a simple peel and stick mechanism. Therefore, using the straps and fastening them to your controllers is extremely easy.
Secondly, they provide you with an incredible VR experience by holding your controllers and providing you with the assurance that your Oculus Rift S controllers will not slip and fall down.
Overall, the KIWI knuckle straps are comfortable, lightweight, easy on the pocket, and suitable for hands of all sizes. They are perfect for long gaming sessions and were so comfortable that we completely forgot we were wearing them.
2. AMVR VR Stand and Headset Display for the Oculus Rift S
- Secure and stylish VR headset stand and display
- Durable and sturdy
- Easy to assemble and use
- Compatible with most standard-sized VR headsets and glasses on the market
- Looks aesthetically appealing
- Comes with a wide and stable base
- Can be used with or without the controller hangers
- Comes with an instruction manual for quick assembly
- Can be used with or without the controller hangersNot compatible with other controllers on the market
We are sure that for most of you out there, your Oculus Rift S VR Headset is your most prized possession. Well, if that is the case, then it also deserves a good VR Stand and Headset Display to rest while you are not using this.
The AMVR VR Stand and Headset Display is one of the most durable VR stands and headset displays for Oculus Rift S on the market. The stand is easy to set up (you can assemble it in 4 easy steps) and use, and does not take a lot of space. When not in use, you can unassemble it and keep it aside.
Firstly, the AMVR VR Stand and Headset Display is made of high-quality materials and lasts as long as the Oculus Rift S Headset and Controllers. The headset sits beautiful on the top and you can hang the controllers on either side. Secondly, the stand is durable and adjustable.
Lastly, you can also use the stand with other standard-sized VR headsets, such as Oculus Go, HTC Vive, Sony Playstation VR and so on, and VR glasses. However, the stand can only hold the Oculus Rift S controllers and is not compatible with other VR controllers on the market.
We tested the product twice and it works exactly as advertised. We were skeptical about purchasing and testing VR headset stands and display at first, as we heard that they can damage the VR lenses; however, thanks to the 1.5-inch gap between the headset and stand, you won’t face any such issues with the AMVR VR Headset Display and Stand. We highly recommend the stand and feel that it is one of the most useful accessories for Oculus Rift S.
3. Just Add Water Jaws Quick Spit Antifog Spray
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- Safe for the eyes and skin
- Very easily affordable
- Comes with over 200 pumps in every bottle
- We did not come across any issues with the product
If you’re an avid VR headset user, you probably know how quickly the inner lenses can get dirty and fogged up because of your sweat. Nevertheless, there’s a quick solution to defog the lenses and use them – an antifog spray. After all, you don’t want to spoil your VR immersion experience by constantly taking off your headset to clean the lenses, right?
We’ve found the perfect antifog spray for Oculus Rift S. Just Add Water is an extremely affordable antifog spray that is suitable for both dry and wet applications. It does not comprise any toxic ingredients, so you won’t have to worry about any side effects on your eyes or skin.
We tried the spray at least 20 times and it gave wonderful results all along. Therefore, we suggest purchasing the Just Add Water antifog spray to keep your Oculus Rift S lenses clean and clear. We bet you will not find a cheaper alternative anywhere.
4. Hyperkin Backpack and VR Protector Bag for the Oculus Rift S
- Great for traveling
- Comes with ample padding to secure the Oculus Rift S Headset and Controllers
- Premium-quality protective bag for the Oculus Rift S
- Sturdy and durable
- Some users have mentioned issues with the Chaperone’s detection system
If you are planning to go to your friend’s place for a gaming tournament with your Oculus Rift S Headset and Controllers and are looking for a safe and secure backpack to carry the headset-controller combination, we have a great suggestion – the Hyperkin Backpack and VR Protector Bag. After all, a high-quality VR headset deserves a high-quality carry bag. Do you agree?
Even though Hyperkin is not specifically designed for the Oculus Rift S, we found it to be a great fit for the headset and its controllers. We could easily fit all the components on the Oculus Rift S into this protective bag.
Firstly, the bag comprises modular compartments that are separated using memory foam pads. The entire inner compartment is also protected with grid foam to prevent any external impact.
Secondly, the protective bag is secured with high-quality clips to prevent the opening of the protective case in case of an accident or fall, and comes with an adjustable strap for better portability.
Per our experience, Hyperkin has ample space to store the Oculus Rift S Headset and Controller. It can also squeeze in a few accessories, such as the antifog spray, knuckle straps and so on.
5. Energizer AA Rechargeable Batteries With Charger
- Durable and sturdy
- Comes with 4 AA batteries
- Charger tells you the level of charging in the batteries
- You can charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time
- Easy to use; just plug in and use
- Colored indicator lights (red, orange and green)
- Lightweight and portable
- 1 out of the 4 batteries we received were getting charged slowly as compared to the other 3
As an Oculus Rift S owner, you need to be at the top of the game when it comes to keeping the wireless Oculus Touch controllers working. So, to ensure your gaming sessions don’t get interrupted because of battery issues, we tested a variety of batteries with chargers and narrowed down our choice to the Energizer AA Rechargeable Batteries With Charger.
The complete package comprises 4 AA batteries and 1 charger. In one go, you can charge 2 or 4 AA batteries, per your requirement. The best thing about the charger is that it comes with an auto-off feature to prevent the battery charger from overheating. When not in use, you can fold the plug of the charger and keep it aside. You can also adjust the terminals of the battery charge to accommodate AAA batteries.
Another great thing about the battery-charger is that it’s extremely affordable. In conclusion, the Energizer AA Rechargeable Batteries With Charge Combo is the best battery-charger combo out there for the Oculus Rift S. You really don’t need to look anywhere else.
6. MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Easily remove smudges, oil, dirt and more
- Made of premium-quality materials
- Can be washed and reused
- Long-lasting microfiber cloths
- Easily affordable
- We did not find any issues in the product
Microfiber cleaning cloths are a must for products with sensitive lenses, such as the Oculus Rift S. Yes, that’s right. It’s of the utmost importance to protect the lenses of such an expensive product.
The MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths can be a great pick for the Oculus Rift S. Even though you’ll find over 20 microfiber cleaning cloths on the market (we tested at least 10), MagicFiber is the best. You can purchase packs of 2, 6, 13 or 30 cloths.
Firstly, the microfiber cloths are made of high-quality materials that are soft and durable. You can use the microfiber cloths to remove dust, oil, dirt, fingerprints and so on, from the lenses of your Oculus Rift S.
Secondly, the microfiber cloths are washable and reusable. So, you don’t have to keep getting new packs now and then.
All in all, the MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths can be a great choice for the Oculus Rift S.
7. Monoprice USB-A Extension Cable
- Works perfectly with the Oculus Rift S
- Can also be used for charging your mobile phone
- Exceptional quality
- Provides high-power output
- The Oculus Rift S recognizes the cable instantly
- Does not work with all VR headsets
If you are looking for good-quality extension cables to expand your VR play area, we have an excellent suggestion. Even though Oculus provides longer USB cables for the Rift S, Oculus Sensors need to be positioned further away from your computer. This is where the role of the Monoprice USB-A Extension Cable comes into the picture.
The cable is USB 3.0 compatible and comes with high-speed data transmission capabilities. In fact, it carries SuperSpeed data transmission capabilities. We tested the cable with our Oculus Rift S and it worked perfectly!
Oculus Rift S PC VR System Specifications – A Quick Recap
Even though you probably are aware of the Oculus Rift PC VR System requirements since you are an Oculus Rift S owner (or planning to become one soon), we thought it would be a good idea to quickly look at them once again before you buy any accessories for the Oculus Rift S.
Ideal Oculus Rift S PC VR Requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel i5 4590/ AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or more
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or more
RAM: 8 GB
USB connectivity: USB 3.0 x 1
Video output: DisplayPort
Minimum Oculus Rift S PC VR Requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350/Intel Core i3-6100 or more
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 470/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti or more
RAM: 8 GB
USB connectivity: USB 3.0 x 1
Video output: miniDisplayPort
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The Oculus Rift S is not compatible with Playstation. The Oculus Rift S only works with a Windows PC.
No. As already mentioned above, the Oculus Rift S only works with a Windows PC. Therefore, it does not work with Mac.
Both the Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest are pretty similar. They share the same gaming platform (mostly same titles), and same software. However, the most significant difference between both is maneuverability.
On the one hand, you need to connect the Oculus Rift S to PC. However, on the other hand, you don’t need to connect the Oculus Quest to the PC. The latter is self-powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor and comes with a higher resolution.
Other differences and similarities between the Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest include:
– Both the Oculus Rift S and Quest work with the Oculus Touch controllers.
– You get access to the Rift CV1 titles with the Oculus Rift S; however, the Quest doesn’t have access to the Rift library.
– The Oculus Rift S comes with 5 insight sensors; however, the Oculus Quest comes with 4 insight sensors.
– The Oculus Rift S has a higher refresh rate as compared to Quest.
Therefore, if you are looking for a completely wireless experience, the Oculus Quest would be a good option for you. However, if you want a spectacular VR immersion experience, we suggest you purchase the Oculus Rift S.
Here’s a quick roundup of the pros and cons of the Oculus Rift S to help you determine if it is worth upgrading from the Rift to Rift S.
– Easier to set up; faster than Rift S
– Better resolutions of the visuals
– Comes with inside-out tracking
– Lower Screen-Door effect
– More comfortable than Rift S
– Better aesthetic appeal
– Heavier than Rift S
– Lacks HDMI support
– Low audio isolation and quality
ESRB or Entertainment Software Rating Board, is a self-authority body in the interactive entertainment software industry.
So, what are your thoughts after checking all the accessories for the Oculus Rift S discussed above? Are you struggling to decide which accessory you should buy first? Well, you can start with the AMVR VR Headset Stand and Display, followed by the KIWI Knuckle Straps, Just Add Water Spray and MagicFiber Microfiber Cloths, and so on.
The Oculus Rift S is already an excellent product (it is one of the best VR gaming headsets on the market); however, with some great accessories it can completely enhance your VR experience. Please share your suggestions and thoughts in the comments below!